The swedged and recurved blade is ground to a spear point shape, using premium AUS 8 stainless steel in non-reflective frost finish to offer superior edge retention. The grind incorporates a false top edge and deep belly, yet retains a full width central spine for most of its length for maximum strength. We offer both Razor-Sharp and Combined Razor-Sharp and Triple-Point Serrated edge grinds. Kit Carson's open build uses contoured handles of 6061 T6 aluminum, hard anodized charcoal gray. They are CNC machined with a perimeter radius for a comfortable grip with or without work gloves, skeletonized to reduce weight. There is a single stainless steel locking liner with friction grooves for positive locking. We have also incorporated our patented AutoLAWKS. Every model features a removable stainless steel clothing/gear clip. All fasteners, including the clip screws, are Torx.
- Blade Length: 3 inch
- Overall Length: 7.25 inch
- Blade Style: Deep-Bellied Spear Point, Hollow Grind, Plain Edge
- Blade Material: AUS-8, 58-59 HRC, Non-Reflective Frost Finish
- Handle Material: Aluminum with 420J2 Liner
- Weight: 3.2 oz.
- Features: Locking Liner, AutoLAWKS, 1-Position Clip, Flipper